30 October 2011

My Testimony

I have belonged to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints all my life. My parents were both converts to the church in their younger years, and for that choice I will be eternally grateful. It not only completely changed the course of their lives, but also mine. You never know I might not even exist, certainly not in this life, if it wasn’t for their choices.

While I may have been in the Church my entire life, my testimony is something that has changed and grown over my years, and I think and hope that it will only grow as time goes on. And I honestly think that if the gospel wasn’t true, I wouldn’t be an active member now.

I believe that there is a God, a God who cares for every one of us individually. He loves us, so much that he gave us his Son, Jesus Christ to die for us as part of His plan for us, so that one day we will be like Him. I truly wish that the atonement was not needed, that my brother did not have to suffer and die on the cross and in Gethsemane, but I know that He did, and that it was necessary. I know because I have felt the cleansing, healing power of the atonement in my life, and I have felt it change me for the better. I know that living the commandments leads to happiness in this life, the next, and the eternities.

I don’t know what the future holds, and sometimes I worry. But when I pray in earnest and with faith, my heart fills with peace and in that moment I know that my Father in Heaven is looking at the bigger picture. He knows how our stories will be written, and how they can be songs of joy. All we have to do is listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment