29 September 2011

A Day In The Life Of…

Zi is a currently a very ticklish bundle of giggles, wriggles, hugs, slobbery kisses, babbles, squeals and the occasional two toothed bight…which I have decided he thinks is affectionate. It’s not been long since he has started crawling, and I already feel like it’s increased my work load hugely, to now involve removing him from eating the fluff on the old broken dryer every ten minutes I’m cooking and discovering various toys and wii remotes in the hall after I had finished tidying up the lounge. It is incredible how no matter what you try to distract him with, even if it’s our old laptop and mobile phone, he seems to be determined to get his hands on the latest gadgets i.e. Mummy’s brand new Wildfire S. At least he has good taste.

IMAG0026

With all the overflowing energy I have taken to taking the bouncing baba out a lot more. We have been thoroughly enjoying attending a breatfeeding group, surestart and a local baby group called babybuds which Josiah absolutely loves. Today he got thoroughly overexcited about it all, and is clearly in love with the ball pool which he would scramble into laughing madly and end up on his tummy or back kicking and screaming in delight. I’m sure he was the noisiest baby there, and there were a good number of others! We also took him swimming for the first time yesterday, which resulted in much laughter, though I’m not sure what to make of his new habit of dunking his own face in the water and coming up gasping…then trying it again.

IMAG0031

One thing I’m delighted to say is that my little boy has definitely inherited my love for animals. I’m not exaggerating, but every time he sees an animal Josiah emits little sounds of absolute delight. Last week we took Bandit the rabbit to the vet for his myxo jab and claws cutting, and there was a dog in the waiting room who clearly knew where he was and didn’t like it one bit. With every whine Josiah was chuckling, much to the amusement of the owners and staff. It doesn’t end there either, every dog or cat we pass receives the same treatment. And then of course, there’s Bandit, who i must say copes with Zi very well. Zi doesn’t yet know the meaning of gentle, and every time he gets within fingers breadth of the rabbit creases up so much that he collapses into a heap that can’t do anything until the giggles subside enough to reach out and touch him again. I love it.

IMAG0012

IMAG0005

IMAG0007

I love this new stage of life with our baby bear, but it is kind of sad he’s not going to be a baby much longer. I will miss that adorable little baby, but roll on toddler years, I think I’m ready for you…just! 

No comments:

Post a Comment