22 September 2014

Day 5: Diet

This is the post that I am the most nervous about. Simply because I think it is the hardest thing for me to maintain. But there is no getting around it.

I have heard before the phrase "you are what you eat." While this does have some meaning, I think that how much you eat really does have an impact too. I absolutely love food. And because I love food I have over the years trained myself to like so called healthy food even more than so called unhealthy food, simply so that I can eat more. Even though this probably has had an overall good impact on my health I honestly think there's a catch:

Eating a lot makes one lethargic, no matter what it is you have eaten.

And I am done with feeling lethargic.

It is hard to get into and maintain the attitude and relationship with food that results in being slim and energetic when you are a foody. But it is possible, and worthwhile. I know because I've done it before. 

So the training will begin again, involving only certain allocated times to eat, and restrictions on how much I can eat. Not on what I eat, because I don't think that works, and because enjoying baked delicacies with my son after nursery or creating a delicious Sunday dessert is definitely part of a lovely well balanced life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment