06 May 2011

Josiah’s First Meal

Ok so this blog post is going to be a little self indulgent. But he was just too cute!

For the past few days, Josiah has been grizzling and demanding more milk even when there was no more to give, as he had just had it all. So today after a still hungry baby had a feed, I decided it was time to be serious about giving solid food. Josiah had already had two tastes, one of potato and one of banana, so today he was getting a bowl full of banana. He looked quite excited when I brought the bowl and spoon over.

P1000969

However, this is the face that he pulled after every single spoon full of banana!

P1000970

Despite this, he swallowed it all. Not only that but he started to get excited when he saw the spoon ready. A few mouthfulls down the line I wasn’t sure if he was wanting it or not, so I decided to hold the spoon in front of him to see what he would do.

P1000979

P1000981

Result! He started grabbing my hand and shoving the soon in his mouth: HIS effort not mine! He still continued pulling faces, but he ate the whole lot that I had prepared. I think he must have liked it, but the flavour was probably a bit too strong. Well, next time I will mix it with some more milk!

P1000982

1 comment:

  1. Only just getting used to using this! My comment under 'Easter' was really for this and the latter May bloggs!
    Love you,
    Mum

    ReplyDelete